Friday, February 25, 2011

Fuck you, Vampire Diaries writers.

Y'know, I was enjoying this show. Aside from the racism and the characters constantly throwing their heterosexuality in my face, I was liking it. I liked Caroline. She's a great representative of blonde characters. I liked Damon. He's a great representative of the sexy, even if I wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him.

Then one of your writers is like, "You guys are gonna love this! We're gonna introduce a gay character!"

And I'm like, "Wheeee!"

So I wait for episodes upon episodes to meet this gay character, and it turns out it's Rose. Well, apparently she's bi, or she's only straight for Damon, or she was horny and desperate (and hey, I can't blame her), but that's really not the point.

The point is, in the same episode that Rose comes out, she suffers a fatal werewolf bite. Then she dies in the next episode.

WHAT. THE. FUCK.

I should just point out that I've only just now found out about this because I was avoiding watching the show because I KNEW THIS WAS GOING TO HAPPEN.

Fuck you all. You are truly a collective of ass-bigots and I will not be watching your show any further. Except in ways that will prevent you from getting any money from it, when I'm feeling masochistic. And when I do I won't talk about it, unless you manage to do something that pisses me off even worse (read: go after trans people).

No comments:

Post a Comment