Saturday, May 7, 2011

We do not get this.

Spike is a self-professed vampire. He has an irrational fear of sunlight and doesn't really care for food. But he doesn't have an intense craving for blood, possibly because he's in a human body.

The soldier, on the other hand, was never a smoker until we read an extensive story about a soldier character who picked up the habit. Now whenever we communicate I am blasted by an inordinate craving for cigarettes. I do not smoke; I am not physiologically addicted, but the soldier demands some sweet burning tobacco.

I wonder if growing up with smokers, moderate exposure to secondhand smoke, etc. is somehow responsible for this. All I know is that it does not make sense, particularly since the last time the soldier was out (after reading that story) he wasn't having this problem. Also, I feel a little silly now, because I have my "token smoker." One of those weird li'l plural system clichés that I figured I would probably avoid.

(And because most people who read this will probably have no idea what I'm talking about, an introductory post is probably in order.)

No comments:

Post a Comment