Wednesday, August 25, 2010

FTM, daughter

Here are a few statements that fairly well sum up my experience with being transgendered. The only reason I post this is to provide an alternative to the stereotypical "I'm a man/woman who is trapped in a woman/man's body."

I'm a guy in a gender-neutral body. I had girl parts installed in my formative stages, which borked up my body with feminine traits, but that can be repaired.

Nature did not intend me to be a boy. Nature intended me to be a girl. It fucked up royally. I am done listening to nature.

I was a girl until I was about four years old, when I started turning into a boy. I'll never know why that happened, but that doesn't mean it didn't.

I have a female side, and I'm not afraid of it. But I end up having to hide it, because...

Some people believe that having a female side makes me female by default. This is not because they're right. This is because they do not understand what it feels like to be transgendered.

I'm a guy trapped in a woman's life.

If you told me when I was eight years old that I might be a boy, I would have laughed at you. I did not know such a thing was possible.

I'd rather be a man married to a woman than a woman married to a man. And I really like men.

No comments:

Post a Comment